Sunday, February 28, 2016

Carrying the Banner

I keep wanting to write and rarely find the time, but life has been wonderful and I want to record our memories. :)



Ezekiel:  He's been a little needy this week. I think that perhaps he may have started teething, and has been crying a lot...and I mean a lot.  I've come to accept it, though I don't enjoy it, and wish I had all the time in the world to sit and snuggle him as much as he wanted.  He has tried some solid foods, bread, potatoes, and cheerios, which he loves.  He's not a big fan of apple juice, but will tolerate it if it's lukewarm, and won't have anything to do with mashed baby food, Alyssa is the only one who can get him to eat rice cereal.

David:  This boy is seriously the most stubborn child I have ever come across...and I ...well I'm a bit of a push over, but I'm working on it. He loves to dance, take pictures, run into people, snuggle on Ezekiel, and play fight with Caleb.  He's a little ball of non stop energy and I think sometimes Caleb is actually a bit overwhelmed by him.  He loves pretending he is Diego or a baby jaguar and runs around the house growling at people.  He has claimed one of my purses as his own and calls it his rescue pack, and my compact mirror has become his phone.  It's pretty stinking adorable.

Caleb:  He's...the absolute sweetest.  There was one day this week that I managed to get Ezekiel to go to sleep and was looking forward to the prospect of taking a nap after running errands for a good portion of the day.  I went to check on the boys to make sure they were good, and he looked up at me with the biggest brown eyes and asked if he could have some snuggle time I resigned myself to giving up my nap, and sat on the couch with him.  He settled in quickly, and almost as soon as he got comfortable he kissed my cheek and told me he was done.  I was surprised, and realized yet again how quickly some moments pass.

Byron:  I finally gave him a haircut this morning.  I can't even remember how long it's been since the last one, but I think today's is the best yet.  He's been really busy with work this week.  They had a meeting that didn't count as billable hours, so instead of going in early or staying late he worked through parts of a couple lunches so he could spend as much time as possible at home with us.  he reads to Caleb, builds endless train tracks with David, and carries Ezekiel almost everywhere to keep the crying to a minimum.  Caleb was so excited when we found some clearance Avenger pajamas for his Daddy and couldn't wait to get home and give them to him. He really does see his Daddy as a Super hero. <3 He got to go play racquetball Thursday night, the second time since getting his pass for LA fitness again, and he's so glad he's getting to play again.

Byron was helping me make some gravy this week.  As I sat on the couch nursing the baby, I called directions to where he worked in the kitchen.  I told him to add lots of pepper (I've grown to love pepper in my chicken gravy), but what I didn't think about was that Byron already uses more pepper than your average Joe, so that gravy was very peppery, and was actually a bit spicy.  Enough to where Caleb was only able to take a few bite of dinner, and Byron had a slight sheen on his cheeks while he worked his way through a second serving. Hahahaha

Arielle:  I've had a fun week.  Yesterday was our stake Relief Society activity.  It was centered around the birthday, so they decorated with balloons and cute birthday paperware, they had us sit at tables by birthday month, so we would get to know other sisters in the stake, and assigned us to classrooms by birthday month as well, then had the 4 teachers move rooms rather than moving the masses of women.  It was pretty brilliant if you ask me, but I was a little bummed I didn't get to see my Mommy except in passing. The lessons were really cool, though my favorite was probably when we each had an opportunity to share either an experience where someone served us, or where we had served someone else.  It was overwhelming to think of all the service I have received from my fellow brothers and sisters, and really neat to hear how others had been served or found ways to serve those around them.

Wednesday night I got to go to institute with Alyssa, it hadn't been my original plan, but all of my plans for the evening fell through one by one, the most important one calling to reschedule just 2 minutes before Alyssa called and asked me to give her a ride since she had hurt her head and wasn't comfortable driving herself to Fairborn.  It was such an amazing lesson on marriage and children, and by the time we were done I was almost sure that Heavenly Father had wanted me to be there that night.  I loved it so much I'm still trying to figure out if I can go again without taking too much time away from my family.

In General:  We've been keeping ourselves busy.  Thursday my mom took pictures of my boys.  She needed samples for her preschool, and I happen to have 3 fairly cute kids, so I got them all dressed up and got some stinkin' cute pictures of my sweet boys.  She even managed to get one of all 3 of them smiling and looking the same way.  It's a miracle. :)
Friday we finally took the kiddos to the library again.  It was so nice, Caleb was so excited to pick out books and I love seeing his face light up.
Saturday evening we drove up to Brookville and spent time roasting marshmallows, eating grilled hot dogs, and letting the kids run around and jump on the trampoline.  It was so much fun, spending time with family is seriously the best and I can't wait to see even more of our extended family at the end of March for Samantha's wedding!





Ezekiel's first time in his exersaucer!

I got to take these cuties on a date this week.  They were pretty fun!

I resized my crown and put it on Ezekiel at the relief society activity.
He made such a cute little prince!




No comments:

Post a Comment