I'm posting this late, yet again, and am thinking maybe it's time to find a new day to write my blogs. :)
It was written on time, I just didn't get the pictures put in until today, so I hope things make sense. There will be a new blog posted (hopefully this weekend) for the week you're living right now.
David:
He's my sweet little love. He's growing a mile a minute, giving me
sweet smiles in his sleep, and letting me get enough rest to remain
sane and keep up with Caleb.
Caleb:
I've given up on him getting back on a sleep schedule with the route
we've been taking, so we've decided to start putting him in the crib
again. I'll have to be more strict about nap times and bedtime
routines, but it will be worth it if he stops having regular
meltdowns during the day. He got to touch a shark at the aquarium on
Monday and is in 2T clothes now. The pants are long on him, but I
just roll them up a bit and he's good to go. He can imitate almost
any word we say now, so long as it's no
more than 2 syllables, and tries to form sentences, though they're
just gibberish at this point. His favorite new words are Granny
(Danny), Charlie, baby,
and Daddy.
Byron:
He's working hard. A big project the CEM team has been working on
for a long time is being released this week, so he's doing a lot of
documentation and such. He went back to help the family in our ward
that was moving Tuesday evening and they were able to clear out the
old residence, went to soccer practice's, and a game on Saturday,
mowed the lawn, cleaned up while I was at the RS broadcast, and
between all that, still managed to take me on a date. :)
Arielle:
I got a YMCA membership this week! I've been wanting one for a while
but it was kind of pointless until now since David wasn't old enough
for the childcare facilities, and even though he still wasn't this
week, I just left him in his carseat on the pool deck during my water
zumba class and had a great time. I'm going to have to work on
getting him to eat better beforehand though so I won't have to stop
half-way through in order to nurse him. Monday and Friday I took
Caleb and David to the Newport Aquarium. This
week was an “Appreciation week” and annual passholders were able
to get friends in free so Monday I took a friend along and was
surprised to find how much fish creeped her out, but she was brave
enough to touch one of the sharks in the petting tank and we
had a good time looking at the fish. Friday
we went with my parents and siblings, as well as a sister from church
and her 2 sons that are new to my parents ward. Alyssa and Chandler
were both able to bring friends as well. It
was nice getting out of the house and doing something out of the
norm. Saturday evening I was able to watch the Relief Society
broadcast. I sat at a table with my mom and some wonderful sisters
and we had a good time laughing until my sides hurt before the
broadcast.
In General:
This week has been really busy. Monday evening we did our weekly
FHE with my parents and siblings after soccer practice, which is one
of the highlights of my week. Friday evening we went to a friend's
house for games and one of their teenage sons kindly entertained
Caleb so we could enjoy ourselves. Saturday was a busy day full of
soccer games and taking Amber to a birthday party and Alyssa to work.
When we finally got home we spent a little time relaxing before I
headed out for the Relief Society social and broadcast. Today
Byron and I enjoyed getting to sit together during all 3 hours since
it was a 5th
Sunday and came home to take quick naps before we got up and started
making bread dough for homemade pizza. We made enough that everyone
was able to eat their fill before we packed away left-overs and
I
got to make 4 loaves of bread on top of it. Yum!
| Amber with a grasshopper she caught during soccer practice |
| My beautiful baby boy |
| Caleb's not loving the sweaty hug from Daddy |
| The cool erasers we got to make at FHE with special sculpty clay my mom bought |
| Charlie with his current favorite nephew haha |
| Brothers <3 |
| Charlie against the comparison poster of "Mighty Mike" The largest crocodile on display outside of Florida. |
| Caleb playing in the frog bog. There's a cool playplace inside the museum, yet this is where he wanted to spend his time. |
![]() |
| Easton and I. He has cerebral palsy and is one of the most beautiful children I've ever seen. His family is new in my parents ward and it was great getting to know him a little bit. |
The blog's title for this week is from a song called "Always Late" by Utopia

Isn't it amazing how much time it takes having two children?! It is so much harder to go places at first! Just remember during the frustrating times that THIS is your life's work, being a mother and it is the greatest and most important thing you will ever do. :) Love ya sis!
ReplyDelete