We have had such an incredible Easter Sunday and I can't wait to tell you all about it. I hope this post doesn't get too long :)
Caleb: He's starting to mimmick a lot more of our words and can make the "sssssssss" sound for snakes, told me when we got to Granny's the other day by shouting "Danny's!" and when he's done playing there and is asked if he wants to go home, he'll sign please. He's such a smart cookie and we're just to amazed by him every day. He also got his first ever haircut!!! He looks like such a handsome boy :)
Byron: He loved the warmer weather we've had this week since it gave him nice rides to and from work, and has been super helpful making dinners, cleaning up with me, and even doing dishes (a chore we both detest so I appreciate it even more than usual haha). He had a big meeting Thursday of this week (they were going to be presenting to the customer) so he was super busy getting slides ready for it the first half of the week and enjoyed the team lunch out on Friday as time to wind down and joke around with his co-workers.
Arielle: I've been enjoying life. I feel hugely pregnant already but I finally seem to have energy again, even if I'm not sleeping well at night, and I've been more willing to keep up with chores around the house. I'm
extremely excited about getting to start really packing now that the house we'll be living in is officially vacant, and I'm loving Byron and Caleb (and Button) more than ever.
In General: There's not much from this week to report. Last Sunday one of our hometeachers came by and it was fun getting to know him a little bit. Friday was Roger's 6th birthday so we went to my parents house for the family birthday party. We enjoyed hard boiled eggs, hash browns, cupcakes, and Snickers icecream bars. Yesterday we went to an Easter activity our ward hosted and Caleb got to go on his first Easter egg hunt. He was excited to learn there were candy in the eggs we were making him pick up and we discovered how much he likes sweet-tarts when he was able to pick them out of the pile of m&m's with no problem and ate every last one, while completely ignoring the chocolate. Crazy kid ;). This morning we had fun reading Caleb his Easter book (3 or 4 times. That boy
loves books) and giving him his Easter basket. He was a little overwhelmed by the variety of candy and ended up playing with it more than I thought was necessary. I don't think he'll be seeing that as a whole again - it will just come in bits and pieces over the next month or so. We all got ready for church and met up with Grandma and Grandpa Wilson who had driven up from Kentucky for Easter. My primary lesson went surprisingly well, even if it didn't last quite as long as I had hoped it would, and I was happy to know that they were capable of being reverent and paying attention. After church we loaded the Elders into our car and Grandma and Grandpa followed us to my Lane grandparents house in Englewood for Easter dinner. We had a huge dinner spread out (everyone helped) and afterwards the kids had their Easter egg hunts. We did a separate one for Caleb, Westley, and Charlie so they wouldn't get trampled and it was fun to see them run around the front yard picking up eggs in their handsome Easter outfits. Caleb had it down pat and was running from egg to egg. Even after they had all been collected he walked around looking to see if any had been missed. It was pretty funny.
Well that's all the news we have for now, Cheerio!
 |
| hiding under the table at the ward Easter party |
 |
His basket after the egg hunt at the church
Instead of the ward providing all the eggs, each family was responsible for bringing a dozen candy filled eggs per child
then the high priests would "hide" them and the children got to take home a dozen candy filled eggs each.
It was awesome |
 |
| dumping all his Easter candy first thing |
 |
| Pretty excited about that chocolate bunny |
 |
| working on his shopping cart (we had to change the batteries) |
 |
| Helping Daddy sweep the floor |
 |
| The Easter egg hunt at Grandma's |
 |
| Comparing their loot :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment